Sunday, April 24, 2016

Picture Decoration Idea - #SukiluDIY

Hey everyone and welcome to another post! Sorry it's a bit late!

I wanted to share with you a quick way you can create a picture to put inside a frame and use as decor.


This is so easy to do and you could make so many different colours and patterns using what you already have. If you have an unused frames then this is the tutorial for you!

If you want to find out how then just keep reading.



Steps:

1) Take a piece of card stock and cut it to the right size so it fits inside your frame 


2) With a light coloured ink, stamp background onto your card. I used a light grey ink and stamped on some script writing. I recently purchased this stamp and I love it!


3) Stamp your main image in a dark ink, like black, onto the centre of your card or wherever you want it to be. You could stamp more then one if you want to



4) Place your card onto a scoring board so that two opposite corners are in the same place. I placed my scoring tool below as a guide then I just had to line up my top corner. Score at every 1/2"



5) Repeat the same on the other two corners


6) Using a sponge rub some inks onto your card to create a wash of colour on the background. You can use as many or as little colours as you would like for this. Just make sure you rub off excess ink before you start doing it on your card to avoid harsh colouring! 



7) Place your picture inside your frame and you are done!


Heres one I've done previously. I added DSP as another background and stamped my image three times.


I really hope you enjoyed this post. I love handmade decor as I think it really adds some personality to a room. Whats your favourite house decor?

I would also like to mention that Danielle has created her own YouTube channel and uploaded her first ever video! I would really appreciate it if you would head on over and check it out. If you love anything hair and makeup you will enjoy her channel and the videos she has planned! You can find her channel here and her first video here. Be sure to subscribe and give a thumbs up if you like it!

Let us know what else you'd like to see on the blog.

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! 
Susan x




No comments:

Post a Comment