Friday, May 19, 2017

Quick & Simple Flower Pot Birthday Card | Sukilu Crafts

Hello everyone!!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've done a blog post. I was really focused on starting YouTube which takes up so much more time than my blog (especially working full time!) I really want to start creating new content for you so please be sure to leave any requests in the comments section.

I have made so many cards recently as there has been a lot of birthdays in the family and I absolutely love how this card turned out.


It was so simple to make but all the elements of the card create such a beautiful finish.




Steps:

1) You will need a piece of card stock for your card base which will measure 11" x 4 1/8" scored at 5 1/2". You will also need a piece of dsp and another piece of card stock the same colour as your card base both measuring 3 7/8" x 5 1/4"




2) Adhere the dsp to the front of your card base.



3) Using a die the shape of your choice (I feel oval looks best) cut out a window in the center of the card stock matching your card base.



4) Score around this piece 1/4" on all four sides. I loved the framed effect this created.



5) For this step you could punch, cut or use pre-made flowers. I used a sampling up punch to make myself some flower in various colours


6) I purchased these faux stems from a shop but you could cut strips of green card for this step 


You can cut as many as you want and as long as you want.


7) Cut a 1" x 1" square from some kraft or brown card stock


8) Cut off two triangles from either side to create a flower pot shape


9) In the same card stock cut a 1/8" x 1" strip and adhere it to the top of your flower pot 



10) This part is optional but I sponged around the edges of my flowers, push the center to create a 3D effect and added a pearl in the center.



11) Place your window on your card to act as a guide to see where you want your flower pot and adhere to the dsp.



12) Arrange and adhere your faux stems


13) Adhere your flowers. Play around with the design of this part. The placement of colours can make a really big different!


14) Use some sticky strip to stick your window onto your card.



15) Finally stamp your chosen sentiment and/or recipient and adhere to your card. I chose to do a 'Best Wishes' and 'Grandma'. 




I used a frame set to create a border for my sentiment.





Layering pieces always adds a really good effect and I love using pop dots to give the card more dimension.






I really hope you liked this post. As you can see this card would be perfect for any occasion and anyone! This would also be a really fun card to make in bulk, experiment with different colours and flowers.

As mentioned above please be sure to leave any request down below I'd love to hear from you.

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! 


Susan x

No comments:

Post a Comment