Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Quick & Easy Easter Bonnet | Sukilu Crafts

Hello everyone!

Thanks again for reading another blog post. I am super excited about this because when it gets closer to easter I start planning my gifts to my children and grandchildren.

When I was out shopping recently I saw these super cute easter bonnets. I thought it would be fun to try and make one and it's actually my chosen design this year for all my easter treats. 


You can fill them up as much or as little as you want and they are super quick to make.

I have also again done a video on my YouTube channel which will be linked here.

Keep reading if you want to find out how you can make one of your own.



Steps:

1) For the cylinder part of the bonnet you will need two pieces of DSP 9" x 3". I used two so I could not only glue them together (to make them sturdy) but they would be double sided


2) Cut two 4" circles from the same DSP and also a thick piece of cardboard (you could use a cereal packet)


3) Glue the two long rectangles together and also the piece of cardboard between the two circles. You could have two different patterns or matching as I have done. Place them under something heavy to help ensure they dry fully stuck together


4) Place some sticky strip on one end of your rectangle.Make sure to use a very strong tape. You will need to manipulate your paper so it will bend without breaking or creasing. I used a bone folder for this and kept curving the paper around it, like how you would curl ribbon with scissors. 




5) Once you have done this wrap it around an aerosol can with something to keep it held on like a scrunchie


6) Once it has had a while to set, a few minutes will do, remove the backing from the tape and put together making sure each side is lined up



7) For added decoration I put some lace at the top of my bonnet. All you need to do is measure how much you need and add glue dots down the lace, about 1" apart


8) Attach the ribbon starting at the back at the seam


9) Repeat the same for the bottom with some ribbon


10) Using a strong liquid glue, place a thin layer along the bottom


11) Adhere to the centre of the circle and place some heavy on top. Leave to fully dry; about 20/30 minutes


12) Make a small bow using the same ribbon you used around the bottom of the cylinder


13) Using a glue dot stick your bow to the bottom at the front



14) With a hot glue gun at some flowers and leaves to the bottom. You could add anything you like, I really love how this turned out



15) For the handle you will need a piece of DSP 8 1/2" x 1/2"


16) Place some sticky strip on each end and again curl with bone folder to create a nice smooth bend



17) Stick your handle to the inside from side to side (not front to back)



Thanks you so much for reading this post and as always if there is anything you would like me to make then comment below or you can contact me on any of my social medias.

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! 

Susan x


No comments:

Post a Comment