Sunday, June 7, 2015

Thank You Card - Step By Step Tutorial

Hi everyone! Hope you've had a fantastic weekend.

Welcome to another step by step tutorial. I absolutely love doing these posts as I get to play around with new and interesting ideas.

In todays tutorial I have this very simple yet beautiful thank you card! I love the halo of flowers encircling the sentiment and the bird stamp that I used.



You could use this technique for so many different shapes as well. You could have a heart with a halo of smaller hearts around it, a star or even a square. I love how the card looks complete yet you hardly have to do anything to it!

I frequently get different crafting magazines and one I got recently gave you free stamps with it. The stamps I got actually inspired the card. How beautiful do they look?!


I got these with the Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. You can visit their website here. You should definitely follow them on twitter to get updates and all things crafs, you can find their twitter here.

I've actually used these stamps for so many projects and I will actually be showing you some of them in the next few weeks on my blog. 

I think it's amazing how you can get such amazing gifts with magazines. You can use these for a variety of occasions as well and they are so different from what I own already!

If you want to find out how to make this card then keep reading!





What you will need:
- White card stock cut to 5" x 10" scored at 5"
- Circle die set - I purchased mine from Stampin Up!
- Scrap card stock - I used yellow
- Inks - I used 'Pumpkin Pie' and 'Daffodil Delight' from Stampin Up!
- Stamps - I used 'Petite Petals' from Stampin Up! and free stamps from a magazine
- Punch - I used 'Petite Petals' punch from Stampin Up!
- Sponge
- Adhesives - e.g. glue dots, liquid glue
- Mini pearl adhesvies




Steps

1) The first thing you need to do is cut your white card stock to 5" x 10" then score at 5". You will then need to take the fourth circle die in from the largest - from the Stampin Up Circle die set - and cut a hole out in the front of your card. Try to centre the best you can. You will need to keep the punched out circle to one side for later




2) Intially I wanted to use a yellow ink to stamp my flowers onto yellow card stock but it didn't show up enough as I wanted to it come out so I used 'Pumpkin Pie' ink from Stampin' Up! I'm so glad I did! I stamped a flower from the petite petals stamps and then cut them out using the matching punch. You will need enough to go around your circle. I cut out around 15 so I could play around with the spacing





3) Once all your flowers are punched out then bow them out slightly. There are a few different methods to do this. You can use a pen or a paintbrush and curl up around the edges or you can use a matt and a blunt object and push gently in the centre. I absolutely love the effect it gives. With the pattern on the flower and the 3D effect they have it makes such a difference!




4) You will now need to stamp your chosen sentiment and picture onto the circle cut out from step 1. I also sponged around the edges with a yellow ink to add more dimension and tie it in with the front of the card




5) You now want to stick the circle on the inside of the card. The best way to do this is to shut the card and line with it up with the circle punched out the front. I used tombow liquid glue to adhere mine to the inside





6) Finally you want to stick down your flowers around the outside of the circle on the front. As I said earlier I punch out more than I knew I would need so I could play around with different spacings between each flower. I ended up using 14 and spacing them very close together and I felt like looked best as the card didn't have any other design on it. After I finished sticking my flowers down I felt it lacked something, something small though. I added a bow to the top and I coloured in some adhesive pearls orange to add something to all the flowers. This was exactly what it needed!




And there it is! As you can see this is a very simple card to make, you hardly need anything to make it and you can whip it up in no time at all! I also think if you used softer colours like cream or pink this would make for a wonderful wedding card. You can get a completely different look with the card depending on what shapes you use, colours or even the spacing around the 'halo.'

A nice card doesn't have to be one you spend hours on or use so many different embellishments. The phrase less is more is something I take into account when I'm working on projects. If I feel like it's lacking I will add the smallest of things - at times just one more thing is enough. It can be difficult to go back a step sometimes so you need to take that into account when working on different projects.

If you slightly more advanced you would even colour in the stamp - I actually have a tutorial coming soon where I show you this technique! Stay tuned.

I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I am currently working on be able to do some post through the week but I will keep you updated. I also have some 'tip' tutorials coming along very soon which I hope will help those of you are beginners in crafting!

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x















No comments:

Post a Comment