Sunday, May 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Screen Card! - Step By Step Tutorial

Welcome back to my blog!

In todays step by step tutorial I'm going to show you how to make a screen card. I absolutely love making screen cards. I think they make for beautiful birthday, valentines, wedding day cards etc.

I got the inspiration from Dawn's youtube channel. I absolutely love Dawn, she makes beautiful cards and so many other things - plus she has the bubbliest personality which is so contagious! I'll leave a link to her channel, website and twitter below. Be sure to check her out!

Dawns Youtube Channel - here
Dawns Website - here
Dawns Twitter - here



As with all other types cards theres so many possibilities for the design, they are so fun to make. Here are some other ones I have previously made.



Click below and let's get started!



What you will need:
- White card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 11"
- Four pieces of black card stock cut 2 1/2" x 4 3/8"
- Four pieces of pink card stock cut 2 3/8" x 4 1/4"
- Four pieces of white card stock cut 2 1/8" x 4 "
- Paper cutter
- Scoring board (not pictured)
- Punch for across the top - I used Stampin Up! Scallop border punch
- Punch to create legs on the bottom - I used Stampin Up! decorative label punch
- Tape glider and/or mini glue dots
- Ink for stamps - I purchased mine from a local craft supply shop
- Embosslits - I used Stampin Up! butterfly embosslits
- Stamps - I got mine free in a magazine! and the happy birthday stamp is from Hobby Craft
- Adhesive pearls - I purchased mine from Hobby Craft







Steps

1) First thing you need to is cut your card stock to 5 1/2" x 11" - this will be your card base
2) You will then need to cut your chosen colour main card pieces - the part you will do the stamping on - to 3 1/8" x 4". You will need four of these. We will call these card a
3) You will then cut the card you would like to mount card a onto to 2 3/8" x 4 1/4". Again you will need four pieces and we will call this card b
4) Then cut the card you would like to be behind card b, four pieces, to 2 1/2" x 4 3/8". This will be card c
5)You will then score your card base - long side across the top - at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" and 8 1/4"
6) Fold and burnish your scorelines in a concertina pattern and mark the bottom on the 5 1/2"


7) Using this pencil mark as a guide punch with the Stampin Up! Scallop board punch across the whole card - this will be the top of your card



8) Taking the decorative label punch use the top/first scallop on either side of the punch to create the base. Centre the punch between the panel

(TIP: After punching out the first pattern fold the card in half to use as a guide and continue across the card until you have punch out all four)




10) Next you will want to decorative all four card a's. I used butterfly embosslits, small pearls and stamps on mine. You will want to leave one them with a blank space so you can write a message on it, if not you can write a message on the back of the card.


11) You will now want to stick card b onto card c, then stick card a on top. Then you can decide what order you want the cards to be.

(TIP: Have a play around with different orders until you make your final decision. I personally feel you should have the card where the first scoreline fold away you as oppose to towards from you but this is completely down to you)



You are all done! I just love these cards so much, I think they will look beautiful on a shelf or fireplace. I even feel you could turn the design into beautiful pictures to have around your house.

As always I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Be sure you play around with different ideas and don't get yourself down if it doesn't turn out how you want it to. I'll will have a post in the next few weeks on what to do when you make a card and it doesn't turn out how you planned.

If you feel a bit overwhelmed before making a card then check out my latest post - five things to do BEFORE you start making a card.

Make sure you follow me on twitter, instagram, Facebook, pinterest and tumblr! I'm @SukiluCrafts on everything! Tag me #sukilucrafts so I can see your re-makes.

Hope you enjoyed and happy crafting!

Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment