Sunday, January 24, 2016

Embossed Vallum Happy Birthday Card - Step By Step Tutorial

Hey everyone and welcome to another step by step card tutorial! It feels like it's been forever since I have done one of these.

I love getting inspiration from magazines for new card ideas and I thought I would share one with you today. It's a very simple card to make and there are so many ways you could play around and change it.


I love the look of embossed vellum and layering different shapes together to get different looks. The card looks like it incorporates a lot of different items but it's actually fewer than it looks.

If you want to find out how to make this card then just keep reading.



Steps:

1) For the card base cut a piece of card to 6" x 12" and score at 6". You will also need a piece of DSP cut to a 5 3/4" square. Attach your DSP to your card base


2) Cut a piece of card (I went with purple as my card was a purple/grey theme) to 6" x 3 1/4" and a piece of vellum to 6" x 3"


3) Emboss your piece of vellum with whatever design you would like


4) Stick your piece of vellum over your piece of card stock, you have have a 1/8" border at the top and bottom


5) This is optional but I took a piece of ribbon and folded it over the top and bottom of my card and vellum to add a bit more texture. You could make this as thick or thin as your would like


6) I also added a piece of ribbon about 1/3 of the way down 


7) Stick the piece from the last step onto your card


8) Using some label dies cut out a two (one bigger than the other) in the same DSP paper and card you previously used


9) Stamp your sentiment and a picture if you have enough room and punch out using a circle punch


10) Layer these on top of each other - biggest on the bottom to the smallest on top - and attach to your card. I liked to the right for the placement. Finish with some gems or any other embellishments you would like an your finished!


Here is another card I made using the same method.


As you can see you make two very different cards using the same method and they look super cute!

Let me know if you recreate the card. I love discovering new techniques and methods as you mix and match to see what else you can come up with.

I hope you enjoyed this post, pop a comment down below and let us know what else you would like to see!

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting!
Susan x










No comments:

Post a Comment