Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Caramel Filled Chocolates - #BakingWithSukilu

Hey everyone and welcome to another baking post!

I absolutely love doing these kinds of post. I have always stuck to desert based foods but I am hoping to share with you some of my favourite breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes! I actually tend to eat healthy and some of the meals we have discovered I think you would all love!

In todays tutorial I wanted to share with you how you can create you own caramel filled chocolates. Now I will say that the way mine turned out I feel they actually taste like a butter fugde and I love it! Many of these have disappeared already today.

I ended up making two batches of these as I wanted to see what is easier and create a more appealing finish. Stay tuned to end of this post and I will share what changes I made with my second batch.


Don't they just look absolutely delicious!

If you want to find out how you can make your own then just keep reading!



Steps:

1) You will need some form of silicone mould. I purchased mine from Lakelands but you could also use a ice cube tray if you have one


Melt some chocolate into a bowl. The amount will depend on how many chocolate you are making. You can always melt some more if needed. I placed my bowl over a pan of simmering water. 
NOTE: Always be sure to be careful when working with hot water. Don't let any of the water go into the chocolate



2) Place small amount of chocolate into each shape. Using a small spoon push the chocolate up each side to make sure the entire surface is covered. Turn the tray upside down over a piece of greaseproof paper and gently shake to get rid of excess chocolate and ensure an even coverage. Check to see if you need to add more. Keep any excess chocolate. Put your tray into your fridge to allow the chocolate to set


3) To begin making the caramel sauce put 4 tablespoons and water into a pan and add 215g (1 cup) of sugar. Place the pan over a medium heat and allow the water to boil and the sugar to dissolve. Don't whisk or stir at this point. Just tip the pan every now and again to be sure all the sugar is being dissolved. You should being to notice a brown hue, this is good. 



4) Once you have a obvious brown colouring (enough to be able to see it) turn off the heat and add 1/3 cup of chilled butter. Be sure it hasn't been out of the fridge for a long time. Gently stir the butter into the sugar and water. Once all the butter has melted add 120ml (1/2 cup) of whipping creme and stir in until you have a smooth consistency


5) Enjoy the smell that has taken over your kitchen! Leave the caramel to cool considerably 


6) Once the sauce has cooled add it to a disposable pipping bag and cut off the tip



7) Put as much or as little caramel into your chocolate as you would like. You just need to leave enough room to add a layer of chocolate on top


8) The first time I did this I immediately added a layer on chocolate on top and the caramel started to seep up through the edges. The second time I set the chocolate in the fridge to allow the caramel to set. I highly recommend you doing this. I also placed my caramel in fridge before putting it in the chocolates to harden slightly!

9) Add your layer of chocolate on top and place in fridge to set

10) Pop out the silicon tray and enjoy!


You can do the exact same method to create your own truffle chocolates! Check out our post on how to make your own truffles here

I really hope you enjoyed this post. If you make them tweet me or tag me in a pic on instagram. I would love to see!

Let us know in the comments down below if there is anything else you want to us to bake!!

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! & baking!
Susan x


No comments:

Post a Comment