Sunday, March 6, 2016

Faux Vase Decor - #SukiluDIY

Hey everyone and Happy Mothers Day!!


I hope you have all had a lovely day, I can't believe it's Sunday already!

In todays post I thought I would quickly share with you a fun way of creating your own decor piece for an extremely love price. You will probably find you have everything you need in your house right now!


I transformed a glass water bottle into this faux vase and I love it! I made it for Danielle and I used colours to compliment her house and colour scheme and she loves it. 

It's the perfect DIY because you chose whatever colours you like and add as much or little embellishments as you would like!

All you need to do is simply take a glass bottle of any sort, you could even use a vase that you like the shape of. First of all paint your bottle with some white gesso primer. This will help the colours you put on come out more true to colour and opaque.


Then all you have to do is use some modge podge to attach your embellishments. You could card die cuts, stickers or even print your own designs off. 

Once you have finished coat the entire vase with modge podge to leave it with that beautiful sheen.


You could add some faux flowers inside to add a bit more colour. I added a faux metallic flower to mine to give a simple touch!

I really hope you enjoyed this post. I feel little DIY decor pieces here and there around your house can really add a personal touch.

On another note, me and my husband have been working very hard lately on my craft room, hence being very quiet on the social media front, and once that has finished I will be able to do so many more fun and exciting things! If you want to see the finished result please let me know down below.

Our social media accounts, follow us for updates, inspiration and more! -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! 
Susan x




No comments:

Post a Comment