Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Low Calorie Baked Doughnut Cake - #BakingWithSukilu

Hey everyone welcome to another baking post!

I have never really done a lower calorie desert before but I wanted to share with you one of my favourite treats to make when I'm feeling something sweet but I still want to be fairly good!


The are super easy to make and you could top them with whatever you want. You can even flavour them to make better suited to you and your friends/family.



Steps:

1) Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius (200 non-fan oven)/ around 350 degrees fahrenheit  

You will need:
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g (5 oz) castor sugar
- 8 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt


2) Combine together all your dry ingredients and whisk gently. Then add all your wet ingretients and mix until you have a thick almost sticky consistency 

3) Grease a sillicon doughnut mould with butter and fill with your mixture. I managed to make 24 doughnuts with my mixture but this will depend on how big your moulds are. You want to fill in no more than half way up the middle part or they will rise too much and lose the doughnut shape

4) Cook for around 10-12 minutes until raised and a very light brown 


5) To make the icing simply mix together icing sugar and milk until you have a thick consistency. Do this to suit you. Then add an flavouring if you would like. I add some coco powder to make chocolate and a strawberry flavouring to the other


Not going to lie, already eaten a few of these not long after that picture was taken!

They are so delicious and not too sweet that some doughnut I have had. I would highly recommend you make them just to give them a try.

Let me know down below if there is any other low calorie deserts you would like to make.

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy baking! 
Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment