Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Fancy Fold Card - Step By Step Tutorial

Hey everyone!

So I was recently looking through some of my crafting magazines and I came across a picture of a card with a style I hadn't seen before. I really wanted to re-create it in my own way and in today's post I will be showing you exactly what I made! 


I love how this card turned out and I used some of my favourite paper. 

It's so easy to make it, you don't have to use as many layers as I have. I will be giving a lot of measurements in this post so it may just be worth jotting them all down! I love giving people cards that are unusually shaped as they look so much more interesting sometimes.

If you want to find out how you can make your own then just keep reading.



Steps:

1) First you need to create your card base, cut a piece of coloured card 6" and 11". On the long side score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". Fold and burnish your scorelines in a alternate pattern as shown below


2) For your first layer of DSP, cut five pieces; two 2 1/2" x 5 3/4", two 5 3/4" x 5 1/4" and one 4 1/4" x 4 1/4


3) Adhere the two rectangles to the first two sections of your card base and one of the 5 3/4" x 5 1/4" on the third section


I also sponged around the edges of my DSP and card base 


4) Cut another piece of card the same colour as your card base to 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and adhere your 4 1/4" DSP square onto this 



5) You should have one remaining piece of DSP left (5 3/4" x 5 1/4"). Adhere this onto the back of your card base on the bigger section 


6) For your middle layer you will need another five pieces of DSP (a different pattern). Two will be 2 1/4" x 5 1/2", two 5 1/2" x 5" and one will be 4" x 4"


7) Adhere these piece of DSP in the centre of the DSP you already have stuck down


8) Finally for your top layer you will need a further five piece of another DSP. Two 2" x 5 1/4", two 5 1/4" x 4 3/4" and your final one will be 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"


9) Again adhere the DSP on top of your previous two layers



10) On your square you have create seperate to your card tie a piece of ribbon and move it to one side 


11) I used label dies to create a base for my sentiment and embossed my stamp with clear embossing powder




12) To create a background to my sentiment I cut the same shape and cut it out. I then stuck it behind my piece with 'Good Luck' on it and spread it apart slightly




13) Attach your square piece of the centre of the first panel on your card



14) Finally add any other embellishments to your card and you are done


15) To give you some writing space cut a piece of white card 5" x 4 1/2" and adhere that to the back of your card 



I really hope you enjoyed this post. I love creating unique card and there are so many endless possibilities!

Be sure to give a go, maybe create your own design to give it your own personal touch.

Let us know what else you'd like to see on the blog.

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! 

Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment