Sunday, May 1, 2016

Grandad Birthday Card - Step By Step Tutorial

Hey everyone! I have another step-by-step tutorial today for you and I'm so excited for this one.

I feel like this card is perfect for those of you who have been doing simplistic cards for a while but want to try something with a bit more layers.


I saw this in a magazine and wanted to re-create my own version. I love looking in magazines for inspiration, taking bits of different cards and putting them together.

As I mentioned in my previous post I often find it difficult to begin creating more masculine cards but once I have finished them I'm generally pleased how they turn out.

This card is pretty easy to make but there is just quite a lot of pieces to it.

If you want to find out how you can make it then just keep reading.



Steps:

1) You will need to cut a piece of card to 9" x 7 1/2" and score at 4 1/2" to create a landscape top folding card. I chose a white card base. You will also need to cut a piece of coloured card to 7" x 4". In my case I went for a dark blue 


2) Using a stamp with some form of writing on it, I love how script looks, stamp all over your coloured card with ink that's the same colour but slightly darker. This will give a very subtle effect


3) Cut a piece of card, a different colour to your card base and stamped card, to 7 1/4" x 4 1/4". Adhere this piece to the front of your card base then your stamped card on top



4) For the pieces on the centre you want to use the same colours but in the opposite order of size. So for the last part we made the blue piece the smallest but in the next few steps it will be the biggest. So cut a piece of blue (or whatever colour you are using) to 4" x 5". Then cut a piece the same colour as your middle layer to 3 3/4" x 4 3/4". Adhere this onto your blue piece


5) Then cut a piece of card the same colour as your card base to 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" and adhere this on top 


6) You could stamp your sentiment straight onto this piece or you could stamp and punch it out. I opted for a die cut as I love this one and have been using it a lot lately. I cut it out in the blue I have been using in my card 


7) Attach sentiment onto your card 


8) Cut a piece of card the same colour as your middle layer to 4" x 1" and a piece of blue to 4" x 1/4" and attach the strip to the centre of the rectangle and adhere under you sentiment as shown below. You can also add a name or a phrase to this part as I have done below with 'Grandad'. 

9) Finish your card with any embellishments you would like, I added some stars, and stick your piece with the sentiment on in the centre slightly up onto your card base 


You could adapt the card in so many ways to suit any occasion and anyone. I love the style of this card as it's still simple but different to your average card you might find in your local supermarkets!

I really hope you enjoyed this post and thanks so much for checking back in!

If you re-create anything on the blog be sure to tag me so I can re-post!

Let us know what else you'd like to see on the blog.

Our social media accounts -----> TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest.

Happy crafting! 
Susan x

No comments:

Post a Comment