Sunday, October 25, 2015

DSP Stripe Window Card - Step By Step Tutorial

Hey everyone!

Welcome to another step by step tutorial. In todays post I wanted to show a method to create a card for any occasion! I have a lot of things in my crafting stash that I feel I don't use because it's not what I would normally go for but I know finally found away to use things up!

Basically this card has a window, or two, and you use strips of ribbon, DSP or washi tape to create a pattern of stripes inside the window.


It's definitely the perfect method for a christmas card! Not to mention it's a very beginner friendly card.

You could make this card for anyone or any occasion. Also if you are anything like me and you hold on to each and every scrap you have, you will be able to use some of them for your strips.

If you want to find out how to make this card then just keep reading.





Steps:

1) You will need to first select a few pieces of DSP. I chose some 6x6 papers I got from a Christmas pack. Cut into 3/4" in strips. To create your card base cut a piece of card stock to 9" x 5 1/2" and score at 4 1/2". For the panel you will need another piece of card stock cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/4"


2) Chose a shape and size die to create your window and cut it out of your panel. You could do multiple small ones or one large one



3) This part is optional but I embossed my panel just to give some texture and add more of the christmas feel to my card



4) Then place your panel over your card base and roughly trace out your window with a pencil


5) Begin sticking your 3/4" DSP strips onto the card over your traced shape. Trim your strips so they don't go too much over the line but still cover the inside of your shape entirely. I would recommend placing your strips down before adhering them to see what order you would like


6) Cover your shape completely


7) Stick your panel onto your card base. Be sure the inside of your window is completely covered in DSP


8) Add any other embellishments you would like. I made mine look a bit like a christmas pudding and adding a 'merry christmas' at the bottom.


The fun thing about this is that you can don't just have to do this with DSP. You could also use washi tape or ribbon! Below is an example with washi tape. How cute does that look!


Here is an example with ribbon. You can still use this method and create a more masculine card!


I really hope you enjoyed this post! 

Whats your favourite card making method?

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment