Sunday, October 11, 2015

Two Tone Icing! - Piping Method

Hi everyone! We are so sorry for the lack of posts this week! If you follow us on twitter you may know that Danielle and myself have been unwell this week and had to take a short break from the blog. We are so glad to be back and I wanted to share you with a quick piping method I have been using lately.

I have been making cakes like crazy for the last month or so and I wanted to try different decorating techniques. I have got fairly confident in piping on icing so I thought it would be fun to try something new.

I recently made some cakes and managed to achieve this two tone icing look with a very simply method. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I think they look so cute!


You could try even more colour combinations or even add a third colour once you got the hang of it. 

Check out my cupcake post here to find out how to make the cakes and the icing!

If you want to find out how you can achieve this effect then just keep reading!



Before you begin. In the cupcake post linked above I mention that I put the frosting inside the fridge to set, I wouldn't recommend doing this with in this case as I found it more difficult to work with the frosting!

Steps:

1) Lay some cling film on your surface and spoon the frosting to the centre. Roll up the frosting on the cling film to a sausage like shape and twist up both ends. Repeat this step on all the colours you are using 


2) Set up your piping bag


3) Snip off one of the rolled up ends on the cling film. Be careful not to snip off too much. Do the same on the other colour you are using


4) Place both colours inside the piping bag


5) Simply push both colours into the end and start piping. At first you may only get one colour or one colour will come out more. Just keep going and you will quickly see both colours.


How cute to do they look. Not to mention they are unbelievably delicious!

As I mentioned earlier the colour combinations to try this would be endless. They would be perfect for a gender reveal party, you could do pink and blue! 

I absolutely love baking cakes and I really want to start trying new things. Any suggestions? Would you like to see more baking related posts?

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment