Friday, October 2, 2015

£1 October Listers Gotta List Set Up! - Fridays With Danielle

Hi everyone! I am so excited to share tonights post with you because I feel this will help so many people.

If you follow a lot of planner girls on instragram you may have noticed a few doing the #ListersGottaList challenge hosted by The Reset Girl. It's an amazing challenge! You basically get a prompt for each day of the month and you create the list based on the prompt. There is room for adapting the prompts to suit you better if needed. There is also some for younger people. If you want to find out more information about this head on over to http://listersgottalist.com. It's completely free to take part.

I have seen this challenge for months and have always wanted to participate but struggled. I found it so difficult to find the method to record my lists and also the time to do each list. I knew I wanted to do a fair amount of decorating but also making sure I don't overwhelm myself. Looking at all the other lists people had created I was so inspired to find the right method for me to take part in the challenge and I now feel so confident about it!




I bought this planner/diary from Poundland for only £1! It's only a small personal kind of size planner  but I couldn't resit getting it for the price. It had been sitting on my shelf for a couple of months until I realised it's actually perfect for this challenge!


Even the design on it is pretty cute right! It has a hard cardboard cover on the front and back and is spiral bound.


Each day has it's own page except for weekends which is on one page. See picture below.


If anything the fact the weekend space is smaller is completely beneficial to me as I work weekends so I will have less time to decorate!


The main reason I wanted to use this planner for this challenge was the pages which you perfect size for journalling cards! Journalling cards are an amazing tool to use for listing as they take up a lot of space, have really nice designs and you can actually write your list on it.


My first task was to decorate my book so it was all lister ready. I printed the free printable you get when you sign up for the challenge to use and added a few elements of my own. I love doing stuff like this as I go through all my supplies and pull out any bit and pieces I wanted to use.


I am so in love with how it turned out. It's made me want to do the challenge more.


I then resized and printed the prompts to stick on the inside of my book. I will create dividers for each month and adhere the prompts to there. I will do a post on this soon so keep an eye out for it!


I then printed all the prompts - again this a free printable you will get e-mailed to you. I wanted some sort of consistency throughout my lists.


Then it's just a case of having fun and doing your lists!


Here's how my first list turned out. Please excuse my handwriting. It's something I'm trying to work on. I love how simple it is yet I feel it really compliments the prompt. It was so much fun to do and took my barely anytime at all. If you want me to do a post going in-depth on how I will be building my lists let me know in the comments down below.

I will say the paper quality isn't amazing on this planner but I will work with it regardless. I just use less glue to stick down my elements.

Don't be afraid to take part in the challenge. I have seen people do an amazing job with little supplies. Be sure to check out The Reset Girls YT account for some amazing ideas with listing. Also if you check out the #listersgottalist hashtag on instagram you can see all the awesome lists.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and I'm looking forward to posting next week!!

TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest <----- Check out Sukilu Crafts here.

Hugs
Danielle <3


No comments:

Post a Comment