Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Quick Way To Spruce Up Your Lampshade! - Decor DIY

Hey everyone! I wanted to do a real quick post tonight to show you an easy way to glam up your lamp shade.

I had bought a plain white lamp shade from Ikea and it was so dull I never ended up using it. I was sorting out some of my crafting supplies when I came across these strips of beads/gems and hearts and thought they would be perfect to try make my lamp shade look a little more fun!


It's such an easy DIY to do and all you need are some plastic gems or shapes and a hot glue gun!

If you want to find out how to achieve this then just keep reading.



Simply heat your hot glue and choose what embelishments you would like to add to your lamp. You can use individual pieces for this but I loved how it looked with stripes.

DISCLAIMER: The lamp shade I was using had a plastic coating on the inside. Be sure to check the material and any additional information you get with it incase it affects what you use. The light bulbs I personally use don't get too hot and I don't leave lamps on for a long period of time. I haven't personally had any problems with my lamp side after embellishing.

Roughly measure out how much you will need to make it easier to adhere



Using the hot glue gun carefully place some glue on your embellishment and stick it to the lamp. I did this with Danielle and we did it bit by bit which made it a lot easier. Be very careful as not to burn yourself with the glue!



Repeat the same with the other strip. The hearts were a bit more tricky to stick on so we had to do one heart at a time. Slightly time consuming but well worth it!


How beautiful does that look!



I love how something so simple can make such a huge difference. The lamp stands out so much more now in the room and it really compliments all the colours already in the room!

I will now have to go around my house and see what else I can spruce up.

Whats your favourite decoration DIY? Or is there something you want to add a bit of colour to but you don't how? Let me know in the comments below.

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x


No comments:

Post a Comment