Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Gift Bag In A Rush!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to do a short and sweet post today to show you a quick gift bag idea if you are in a rush!

There have been a few times in the past where I bought a present for a loved one and completely forgot to buy wrapping paper. I don't tend to have gift bags lying around my house so I wanted to see if I could quickly grab some of my crafting supplies and make up a gift bag in little to no time!

I still love to show people that I make some short of effort and they can still appreciate the personal touch I have added to their gift. Now obviously you can decorate or embelish this gift bag as much as you would like but I thought it would be nice to show you that even with the smallest decoration it can still look cute.


It would be so easy to make this bag for any occasion for any person you intended it to be for!

Here's how you do it!



1) The first thing you need to do it cut to pieces of card stock to 11" x 12"


2) Score on the 11" side at 3" and 10" then turn so the long side at the top (and the 10" is at the bottom) and score at 3". The long rectangle under this 3" scoreline will be the bottom of your bag. Fold and burnish your scorelines



3) Will your paper both in the same directions - see above pictures - cut off the small rectangle on the bottom left corner then cut the 10" scoreline you made up to the 3" scoreline above it. It's the scoreline on the left to the small square on the bottom right of your paper. Do this step to both pieces.


4) Turn your paper the other way and place some sticky strips on the tab above where you removed the rectangle


5) Turn your paper back round and place some sticky strip on one of the large rectangles on the bottom. Place a few pieces of ensure it will stick together securely


6) Stick the two pieces together by attaching one of the tab you placed sticky strip on to the other side of the other piece. Then fold in half to stick the other side down. Both of the tabs will be on the side of the bag. Then simply fold in the two small squares, fold up the larger rectangle without sticky strip then finally the large rectangle with sticky strip to secure it all in place 




7) Punch two holes in each side of the bag at the top


8) I used 18" of ribbon for each side of the bag for my handles but you can adjust your side to fit your needs.


9) Stamp and punch any sentiment you would like and attach to the bag. Also at this point add any other decorations you would like



As you can see it's so simple to make. Another way you would make it is with designer paper, you would just need to make sure it's thick enough.

This is also a great ideas for beginners who just want to give it a go! Sometime watching a tutorial or reading a blog post of a really complicating bag or box can be pretty overwhelming and put you off trying it. I definitely used to feel like that when I first started.

I really hope you enjoyed this quick post. As I said I want to show you, you don't need an hour to make a gift bag for someone. You can still add a little personal touch to a gift without spending a huge amount of time on it.

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x








No comments:

Post a Comment