Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Faux Embossing With Dies!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to do a short post today showing you a technique I have recently discovered. Bit of a break from tutorials!

One thing I love to do with all my projects is embossing card with embossing folders through my big shot. Whilst this technique is so much fun something I find myself limited to the kind of patterns I have and I don't have much control in terms of where I emboss. 

I discovered a way you can create the look of embossed card using dies. 


Wouldn't this just be an amazing christmas card?! Pop on a sentiment and a splash of colour and thats it!

With this technique you have 100% control over the outcome and the possibilities will be so much more than with just regular embossing folders.

If you want to learn this technique then just keep reading!



All you need is a piece of card and some scraps big enough for your dies in the exact same colour.

Simply cut out the dies you would like to use. As I said you have so much control over the outcome. You can choose how many shapes you would like to cut out, whether you use big, small. Anything!




Then all you need to do is adhere them onto your card which is the same colour. I found liquid glue is perfect for this, especially for intricate designs like this! Something like the Tombow Adhesive is my favourite.



Thats it! I love it when something so easy is so effective. I will definitely be using this technique when I create my christmas cards for friends and family. Also I think it would be really fun for some halloween cards.

Do you have any favourite techniques? Or is there something you've been trying but haven't had any luck with? Let me know in the comments below I would love to hear.

Thanks so much for reading this post. I moved into my kitchen today for Sundays post so look forward to that!

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment