Sunday, August 16, 2015

Anniversary Card - Step by Step Tutorial

Hi everyone! Welcome to another Sunday post. 

If you are living in the UK are you just as confused as I am about the weather at the moment? We've been having those days were you look outside and its looks hot but it's not and vice versa! British weather for you!

Today's post is a very special one for me as last week I celebrated my 25th Wedding Anniversary with my husband! I decided to show you that card that I had made for him as I'm so happy with how it turned out. You should see the card he made for me! I'll put a picture at the end of this post so you can see it!

I realised I when I was making this card I don't have a huge amount of anniversary related stamps in my collection but I definitely feel I made it work!


As it was our silver anniversary I wanted to incorparate silver into my card so I added 'LOVE' in silver lettering and I think it adds something really special to the card.

This card was very easy to make and as always it's something you could change up to suit any occasion. I love the technique of using my big shot and TWO dies to create a frame!

If you want to find out how I made this then just keep reading.



What you will need:
- Kraft card stock cut to 12" x 6" scored at 6"
- Blue paper or card cut to a 5 1/2" square
- Kraft card to a 5" sqaure
- Two dies of your choice - the same shape but different size, preferably square
- Stamps of your choice - I used a variety from Stampin' Up! and other crafting suppliers
- Inks
- Any other embellishments you would like to add
- DSP - up to four different colours/patterns
- Adhesives of your choice

Steps:

1) The first thing you need to do is create your card base. I used kraft card and cut it to 12" x 6" and scored it at 6". I then cut some blue paper to a 5 1/2" square and some kraft card to a 5" square


2) Then take your kraft card stock square and two square dies of your choice to create your frame. This bigger in difference in sizes with your dies, the thicker frame you get. I chose to use a scalloped square for the outside of my frame to add a bit more texture



3) You could leave the frame as it is but I wanted to stamp on mine so it didn't look so plain. I chose a stamp that some script writing on it - this is my go to stamp for this - and I inked up the part with the writing and stamped on my frame. I used 'vintage photo' from distress ink


4) Round the corners off your blue square and stick onto your card base. Try to keep this as central as possible


5) Stick a big gem or any other embellishment on each corner of your blue square


6) I wanted to add some tiles onto my card so I went through my paper collection and pulled out four different one I wanted to use that I felt would go with my card


7) I then cut up my paper into 1" squares and stuck my frame down. When I stuck my frame down I put it more towards to top as I wanted to stamp something below it


8) Before I adhered my tiles to my card I played around with the arrangement to see what I like before they were permanently stuck down


9) I used a Teeny Tiny Sentiment from Stampin' Up! To stamp my sentiment and a 'husband' stamp from my collection and stamped them on a scrap piece of blue paper. 


10) Punch out using the label punch from Stampin' Up! and place some dimensionals on the back


11) I then took some silver letters and spelt out 'LOVE' on my tiles. I love how this looked!


12) When attaching my sentiment I wanted them to not look so uniform as I felt everything else on the card was so I arranged them as shown in the picture below


13) Finally I stamped my 'I love you' on the bottom to complete my card!


There are quite a few steps to this card but it's definitely an easy one to make and I think it suits the occasion perfectly!

Here is the card my husband made for me!



As you can see he is extremely creative!

There is also a little sneak peak in the background of a future post coming up!

I'm going out tonight with some family for a meal to celebrate the fact my youngest daughter has got into University. I am so proud of her and although it makes me extremely sad to see her leave I am excited for what she is doing! Might just have to make a little something nice!

Have any of you been working on fun project lately? I love seeing new and creative ideas and trying them myself. If there is anything you would like to see then comment down below!

Stay tuned for Wednesday post. It's a cute one!

I really hope you enjoyed tonights post and make sure to leave any requests down below in the comments section!

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x




1 comment:

  1. Anniversary card! That is so pretty creation my friend!! I am also planning to throw a DIY party at the prettiest garden inspired event venues on my twin’s 12th birthday. It would be a spa themed bash so I am collecting some ideas that would look good on a budget. Can you help regarding it?

    ReplyDelete