Sunday, August 9, 2015

Washi Tape Card In 10 Steps - Step by Step Tutorial

Hi everyone and welcome to another post!

In todays post I will be showing something which in my opinion is a little bit different and I haven't really seen many other people do - tag me in a picture if you have done it before though because I would love to see.

I don't have a huge collection of washi tape but I have enough for my personal use. I mostly use it for when i'm using my big shot to stop my dies from moving around. I recently purchased 9 new washi tapes as they were extremely inexpensive from The Range and I thought they would be perfect for a card I had been wanting to make.


I wasn't sure if it would look almost too much having washi tape completely covering a card but I actually really love how it turned out.

I feel the washi I used compliment each other beautiful and then with the simply way of putting a sentiment on it really pops!

This card is very easy to make and if you have a huge washi collections it's a fun way to use some of it. I will also show you a few different things I have made with washi tape so be sure to stay until the end of the post!

Keep reading to find out how you can make one of your own.




What you will need:
- Card stock - preferably white but you can use any colour you would like - cut to 6" x 8 1/2" scored at 3"
-Washi tape - lots of it
- Scrap paper - I used white and glitter
- Sentiment stamp
- Ink for stamp
- Circle and scallop circle punch - both of mine were from Stampin' Up!
- Foam dimensionals

Steps:

1) Cut your card stock to 6" x  8 1/2" and score at 3". This will create a very long thin card base


2) The next thing you want to do is grab your washi tape collection and pick out some you would like to use. I chosen seven. They don't have to be all from the same colour range as you can see from my card but you want to put them together to make sure you like how they look. Then place your card base on a cutting mat or anything with a grid on as this will help you place your pieces down as evenly as possiblly


3) To begin placing your washi down you want to start a little way down as oppose to beginning at the very top. This is because the top can be difficult to do as it's so small


4) It is then just a case of placing your washi down in all over the card. Be sure not to over lap each piece. 


5) Cover the whole card with washi. As you can see I didn't have a strict pattern on mine. Some of it was slightly random which I personally like it turned out but you can do it in whatever order you would like to


6) You will then need to carefully trim down your washi on both sides


7) Take a piece of scrap glitter paper and punch out a 1 3/4" scallop circle


8) Then stamp your sentiment onto a scrap piece of white paper and punch out using a 1 3/8" circle punch. I punched out mine so the sentiment was on the bottom left corner as I wanted to stick something on the top right corner


9) I sponged around the edges of my circle and went through my shape scraps and pulled out a small glitter butterfly and stuck that down


10) Finally stick the circle on your scallop circle then stick onto your card with dimensionals. I also added a gem to the 'i' on the 'wishes' part of my sentiment



I can't say enough how much I love this card and there are so many different ways to could use your washi tape on it. You could even experiment with how you place it - maybe next time I will do mine going across straight as oppose to diagonally.

In the picture above is also a bookmark, bag and gift tag (attached to the bag) using the same technique. How cute do they look together!

You could make these for any occasion, you would just need to find washi tape that corresponds with the occasion. It may be something as simple as the colour of it which would make it work. Orange for Halloween perhaps?

It is mine and my husbands 25th Wedding anniversary - Silver! - next week so my next Sunday post I will be showing you the card I made for him. Danielle will be taking over the social media most of next week as me and my husband will be going away to celebrate. I can't wait to show you the card I made for him, I'm so happy with how it turned out and can't wait to give it to him!

I really hope you enjoyed tonights post and make sure to leave any requests down below in the comments section!

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x



No comments:

Post a Comment