Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mini Wallet - Perfect For Giftcards!

Hey everyone!

Today's post will just be a quick one but I couldn't resist showing you how to make this mini wallet!


Danielle bought a paper pack from TK Max recently and inside there was some pieces of card cut and scored to make different things like small boxes and gift card holders.

I thought it would be fun to make one of the gift card holders of my own and show you how easy it is to use an existing template to make your own version of it!

I decided to call them mini wallets because of the way I personally I would use them. They are ideal for giving someone a gift card or even some money.

These are so easy to make and you could even use them as favours for a birthday party.

Danielle even suggested using them for some form of pen palling or pocket lettering. How creative!

If you want to find out how to make these then just keep reading.



In the picture below on the left is the template I'm using to make this mini wallet.

You will need to cut a piece of dsp to 6" x 4 3/4"


Score on the long side at 1/2" and 3 1/4" and turn 90 degrees clockwise and score on the short side at 1/2" and 4"


You will need to remove two squares and two triangles which is shown on the picture below. This is will the 1/2" scoreline between them.
When you remove these you will need to cut below the scoreline - cut the scoreline off


Fold and burnish your scorelines. You should end up with three tabs. Notch in on all three tabs and you should end up with what's in the picture below


I wanted to emulate the curve on the template as much as possible so I took a 1 3/8" circle punch and punch out a semi circle on the straight edge next to the biggest tab




To put together you wallet all you need to do is place some sticky strip on the tab sticking out to the side and some on the smaller tab and fold to put together. Where you placed the sticky strip will go in the side of the wallet


As you can see its the perfect size for an gift card!




I just love making simply things that are so practical! You don't even need to add much too them. 

The one thing I have always loved to do since I started making my own cards and such is add my own personal touch to gift I give to people. Now that my children are all older when it comes to christmas time or their birthdays they prefer to have money or gift cards so they can go shopping to pick what they want. I love making cute things to put them in so when I give it to me it add a little something special.

As I said at the start there are a fair amount of uses for these and I'm sure you guy can think of a whole lot more. I already have quite a little collection of these so if you have any more ideas of what I can do with them I would love to know! You could even punch a whole and use them as a tag, with a little surprise inside.

Keep your eye out for some fun posts in the next month or so. Also me and Danielle are hoping to start something new in September/October so get ready!!

I really hope you enjoyed tonights post and make sure to leave any requests down below in the comments section!

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x





No comments:

Post a Comment