Thursday, August 13, 2015

Marvel G; How To Decoupage!

Hey everyone!

Hope your week is going very well. When this goes up I will be back from my trip with my husband where we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary!

You may remember back in may I showed you some presents I had got for my birthday - if you haven't seen that post you can check it out here.

One of the things I got was some mache letters. A 'G' for my husbands name and a 'S' and 'C' for Sukilu Crafts. As my husband is really into comics and all things marvel I decided to grab some marvel comics from my local comic store and cover the 'G' with little pieces of all the magazines.


I aoblustely love how it turned out and it was actually quite easy to do. I thought I would share with you how I did it as I found few little tips and tricks that made it a lot easier for me to get a seamless finish!

If you want to decoupage with me that just keep reading!





Steps:

1) You could use a number of things to decoupage but I have found using things like magazines or tissue paper works best. You will need to gather any magazines you would like to use, grab some scissors, mod podge, a paintbrush and of course you mache letter


2) I went through all my magazine and cut out small shapes. These don't have to be neat, or all the same shape - it's more important to take note of what you are cutting out. I made sure not to just cut out all faces, sometimes it was speech, words and even fists in action shots.


As you can see there is a variety of shapes of sizes in my stash 


3) Before I began to decoupage I actually put aside any that I knew I wanted to put at the front. Personally I started on the inside but you can really start wherever you would like. All you need to do is paint on some mod podge, stick your picture over it and then paint over your picture with the mod podge once it is stuck down


TIP: When you are putting a picture that will go round a bend snip into in slightly to stop it from wrinkling around the edge as you would be likely for it to start to come away




You want to continue this process until you have covered the entire thing. Be sure to overlap your pictures. I also tried to make sure I didn't put similar colours next to each other. If you have an empty space you need to fill, maybe see what colours you haven't incorporated yet and try to find something in like colour range




As I said this was very easy to do and didn't take too put time to do at all.

You don't just have to use letter. You can also get paper mache shapes and boxes. The great thing about doing this is that you can personalise it for anything you would like. All you would need to do is get the appropriate pictures for that person.

I also have some small boxes which I showed in my birthday haul and I may also do a bit of painting or stamping as well as decoupaging so I can personalise it even more and add a few different textures.

I've even used this technique for photo frames!

I really hope you enjoyed tonights post and make sure to leave any requests down below in the comments section!

Don't forget if you re-make this tag me on twitter or instagram or you can use the hashtag #sukilucrafts.

Follow me on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting!

Susan x




No comments:

Post a Comment