Wednesday, November 25, 2015

DIY Placemat & Coaster - #24DaysOfBlogmas Day 7

Hey everyone! I can't believe it's already day #7 of Blogmas already. I'm pretty sure doing this will make Christmas come around so much quicker for me!

How have you been enjoying it so far? It's definitely been a lot more fun, and challenging at times, to work so much more fast paced trying to make sure all the pictures are done and we don't fall behind doing this project but it's definitely been worth it so far.

In todays post I wanted to share with you a quick table decoration idea. I will be showing you more throughout the next 17 days so stay tuned!



You can very easily create placemats and coasters for you table to use during your christmas dinner. I really want all my christmas decor to match this year and I've chosen a red and golden theme. I don't want to have to hunt around for little things like placemats as I have such a specific colour theme.

If you want to find out how you can create your own then just keep reading.



Steps:

1) You will first need two pieces of card stock. One colour will act as a border and the other will be what you mainly stamp on. On the smaller piece trim off 1/2" off one of the long and short sides to create a 1/4" border all round. You can trim off more or less depending on how much of a border you want


2) To create a label type shape use a circle punch to cut off 1/4 of a circle. Using glue dots stick to the other three corners to act a guide



3) Attach onto the bigger piece. When stamping on your place matt I would play around with different ideas and techniques. I wanted something very simple that popped. I just simply stamped a christmas tree and a sentiment. On each corner of the back piece I also stamped a gold snowflake 


You can also create a coaster using the exact same method. I made the back piece 3.5" square. You will need to use a smaller circle punch or create the corners



To finish you can laminate it. The will help prevent food or drink ruining it but you could leave it as it is if you would like. Alternatively you could add a sticky back plastic to the front to add a protective coating!

I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I think little things like this would make my christmas day feel so much more fun and unique. I am so looking forward to continuing making pieces of decor.

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything! Check back tomorrow at the same time to see more christmas fun!

Follow us on TwitterInstagramTumblrFacebook and Pinterest if you aren't already.

Happy crafting! & Blogmas!!

Susan x


No comments:

Post a Comment